Mega-sites, licensing requirements, check out the individual state to see what it might offer you.
- States - Pacific Information Resources Inc.
- Pac-Info provides a current database of sites relating to state, county, and city webpages. I have found some gems, as well as lemons through Pac-Info, however their currency and vigilance to finding new sites weekly is to be commended. This is a large database, well organized, and current.
- States - Divorce Laws by State
- States - State Record Checks
- Black Book Online is a well maintained and current source to most of the popular information sources.
- States - Virtual Library: Law
- Comprehensive and well maintained lead to any state laws available on the net.
- States - Telephone Tape Recording Law per State
- One Party/Two Party telephone tape recording laws compiled by Ralph Thomas of NAIS
- States - Privacy Laws
- EPIC's state by state guide to privacy laws
- States - Property Search
- Real Property Assessments Online for the 50 states and Canada.
- CA - License Handbook 5th Edition (1997)
- California provides the contact information to reach the agencies that distribute and manage individual licenses, certifications, and contracts.
- FL - Government Information Locator Service
- The Florida Government Information Locator Service is a virtual card catalog of government information available on the Internet and beyond with a focus on Florida.
- FL - Department of Business and Professional Regulation
- Use this page to search for individual licensees by name of individual.
- FL - Comptroller's Website
- Start here for Florida unclaimed property searches.
- FL - Department of Insurance
- A searchable database of doctors, dentists, and lawyer that have been sued for malpractice.
- KY - Vital Records Index
- Kentucky Vital Records Index
- IL - Corporate Name Search
- A bit lame. You can check for name availability within IL
- ME - Search of Corporate Names
- MO - Corporations Database Query
- NC - Sec. of State
- Business License Information Office, Corporations Division, Land Records Management Division
- NJ - Real Property Tax Assessments
- Plug in your address, name, or lot number and find out who owns what property.
- NM - Corporations Information Inquiry
- Corporation locator in NM
- NY - Professional Licensing - Online License Verification
- Use this page to search for individual licensees by name of individual. Very progressive, I wish all the states offered this.
- OK - Patients' Resource Guide
- This is a search engine that will list physicians alphabetically, and also provide information on specialization, licensure, and disciplinary actions, if any.
- RI - Corporations Index
- TX - PublicData.Com
- Fee based! - Many public records of Texas including driver license, tags, criminal, sex offender, etc.
- TX - Public Safety Online Database
- Fee based!- Driver License Information, Concealed Handgun Licensing, Missing Persons Clearinghouse, Ten Most Wanted Fugitives,Vehicle Inspection Information, Conviction Records, Sex Offender Database, Downloadable Forms
- UT - License and Registration
- Licensing information. Also disciplinary actions.
- VA - Department of Health Professions
- Not a searchable list of names, but useful if you take the time to look through the newletters, and professions listed there.
- VA - Vital Records Information
- Contact information for of Virginia Vital Records Dept.
- WI - Alphabetic Listing of County Clerks of Circuit Court
- Sex offender databases are becoming a primary method of disseminating prison release information.
- Research the area, region or state's newspapers for the person you are looking for.
- Check out what a social security or death check can return on your offender.
This site created and maintained by Virtual Librarian © 1999 - 2000 | updated 1/31/00